We are editing a special issue for Sociological Research Online (SRO) on the topic of Attitudes Research. SRO has responded very positively to this idea, although formal confirmation must wait until they have seen the full selection of abstracts. We have several key authors lined up but are keen to open the special issue to other excellent research in the field.

Papers may be theoretical, empirical and/or methodological in emphasis.
Empirical and methodological work can quantitative, qualitative or mixed.

We are proceeding in two stages. In the first instance we invite proposals for papers, which should contain an abstract or outline of the intended work. There is no set length, but one page should be sufficient.

We are interested in receiving proposals for papers on the following topics:

·         Attitude theory (including epistemology and ontology)

·         Attitude Measurement

·         Case based studies of attitudes

·         The relationship between attitudes and behaviour

·         The relationship between attitudes and other constructs (values, concerns, desires etc.)

·         Attitude dynamics

·         Attitude formation

·         Attitude change

The deadline for receipt of abstracts is 30 September 2012. The editors will make a selection, with authors advised of the decision by mid-October.

Full papers will be due no later than 15 February 2013 and will be subject to normal peer review. The aim is to publish the special section in the autumn of 2013.

Please send proposals and full contact details on authors to Mark Elliot ([log in to unmask]).

Mark Elliot (CCSR, Manchester)
Alison Park (NatCen)
David Voas (ISER, Essex)