Monika

As someone interested in screenplay analytics who has written stuff to extract frequent words, nouns, verbs etc from scripts I find this very interesting. Especially the 3-word findings.

The 3-words are interesting because of what they potentially denote and enable facilitate finding in the content of the script.

For example, one might suggest that 'Oh my God' is an event notifier.

It is likely to be uttered after an event has occurred so simply by searching for OMG in a script might take you to the context of some of the major events 'embedded' in the script text. Whereas 'let's get out of here' could be a post-event notifier.

One can imagine that an event might in fact be 'bracketed' by both these terms e.g. OMG. It's a Yeti. Let's get out here. The significance is that this may be the first sighting of the Yeti in the script so by searching for OMG you now know there is a point in this screenplay where someone discovers a Yeti.

Those beginning with a 'what' etc maybe a discovery notification i.e. the equivalent of WTF in a script means they have just seen the alien, the lost tribe, the promised land etc.

'I have' , 'I want' , 'I think' - particularly when uttered by a protagonist or antagonist - maybe important in analysis of character traits and role behaviour in the script.

I'm sure there is much more. Thanks for sharing.

--
Regards,
Stewart McKie