a lot of lead bullets: a response to the new york times article on data center efficiency « diego's weblog

As I was reading this New York Times article on data centers and power use, there was mainly one word stretching, doppler-like through my head: “Nooooooo!”

Not because the article exposed some secret that everyone that’s worked on websites at scale knows and this intrepid reporter was blowing the lid on our quasi-masonic-illuminati conspiracy. Not because there was information in it that was in any way shocking.

The reason I was yelling in my head was that I could see, clear as day, how people who don’t know what’s involved in running large scale websites would take this article. Just look at the comments section.

http://bit.ly/P5srEO

Source: http://blog.diegodoval.com/2012/09/23/a-lot-of-lead-bullets-a-response-to-the-new-york-times-article-on-data-center-efficiency/
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/P5srEO+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web: http://bitly.com/pages/sidebar