Ever in awe of Robin's thoroughness, David!  Please thank him heartily from
me as well.

So many things always to sat about Tom o' Bedlam, but for now I'll just
mention that one bit of the following always puzzled me:

The moone embrace her shepherd
And the queen of Love her warrior,
While the first doth horne the star of morne,
And the next the heavenly Farrier.

Diana and Endymion (Renaissance schemers deciding Selene wasn't goddess
enough for the sleeper), Venus and Mars, easily enough for the first two
lines.  But I lose the antecedents and referents in the cuckolding stated
in line 3, though of course line 4 is crystal clear with Vulcan the
cuckolded.  I wonder whether the yoking (unique sort of zeugma) of line 3
is set up to serve the (very lovely) verse, excused by the addle of the
narrator, or whether I'm missing some variant mythic device of the crescent
moon's horns embracing the morning star.

--Uche

--
Uche Ogbuji                       http://uche.ogbuji.net
Founding Partner, Zepheira        http://zepheira.com