I think it's a bit like music: after all, people are now paying a lot for LPs, again.

Thus what was will be along with what will be...

Yes?

Doug
On 2012-09-09, at 1:26 AM, chris Jones <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Truth, being no defense against libel laws here, I cannot attribute this quote from the NY Times, but here it is! (And I cut and paste...)
>
> QUOTE:
> We're not talking about the disappearance of one material --- oil, watercolor, acrylic or  --- we're talking about deep ontological and phenomenological shifts that are transforming a medium.
> END QUOTE.
>
> I simply cannot believe this quote was published! But then, any belief in the New York Times collapsed in the 1970s, so maybe I could not so believe?
>
> Obscure Latinate words from a long obsolete epistemology, no I am being far to generous, totally archaic ancient myths, being used to describe the GLORIOUS FUTURE OF DIGITAL FILM... long live digital... fascist ideology... fascist regime...
>
> Like he has just seen he missed the boat a few decades back, has jumped into the ocean to swim after it and these are his final last dying words as he slips into the deep blue water. A logic of suicide, no doubt.
>
> (Can someone really be this idiotic! I am seriously worried about him!)

Douglas Barbour

http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/
http://eclecticruckus.wordpress.com/

Latest books:
Continuations & Continuations 2 (with Sheila E Murphy)
http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=962
Wednesdays'
http://abovegroundpress.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-from-aboveground-press_10.html

Why can’t words mean what they say?