On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Downes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> Yes, but if you lock a NC licensed resource behind a paywall, you're in
> violation of the license, while if you do that with a non-NC license,
> you're not. So while, yes, you can't regulate intent or behaviour with a
> license, you can use a license to indicate whether this sort of
> behaviour is acceptable to you or not.
>
> Well, prior to version 4.0 of the CC license suite, the paywall of a
registered non-profit to recoup cost may not constitute a commercial
activity -- so not necessarily a violation of the license depending on how
the original copyright holder defines commercial activity.

The act of denying the human right of individuals to earn a living from OER
could also fall into the realms of what we consider acceptable behaviour.
 Its a tough call.

--
Wayne Mackintosh <http://wikieducator.org/User:Mackiwg>, Ph.D.
Director OER Foundation <http://www.oerfoundation.org>