I don’t know of any cases – Im sure there will be some out there however realistically the business needs justify why there is a limit to it eg – manpower, effect on skills, needs of the business, what is reasonable to the business

There are two issues short term accommodation for rehabilitation post injury/illness/surgery – generally there is much medical guidance on this

Then there is long term accommodation where Equality Act may apply – again this is up to the business to determine what is reasonable – following seeking relevant medical advice

Some company’s will have some policy / guide in place to ensure consistency and fairness to all employees.

I hope that helps?

Janet Patterson RGN, RSCPHN – OH, BSc (Hons) MMEDSCI. CMIOSH

OHA & Greggs Group OH Co-ordinator

Landline 0191 215 1150 Ext 34574

Mobile 07764 443498

Please be advised that all e-mail communication relevant to assisting in the management of the OH process will be entered into the individual's OH file. This may therefore be disclosed to the client under the Data Protection Act (1998).