Dear all,

We have a position for a PhD student available in my research group at
the Max Planck Institute for Chemistry, Mainz, Germany. A short
description of the research is given below. For further details, please
contact me directly at [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,
Dr. Luc Vereecken
Max Planck Institute for Chemistry
Hahn-Meitner-Weg 1
55128 Mainz, Germany
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: http://www.mpic.de/en/research/independent-groups/group-vereecken.html

--------------------
The proposed Ph.D. research involves the atmospheric oxidation of
aromatic compounds. These compounds, near-exclusively of anthropogenic
origin, have a large impact on the air quality and aerosol formation
(SOA) in the urban environment. Their atmospheric degradation mechanism
is highly complex, and its investigation requires a multidisciplinary
approach. By combining quantum chemical calculations, theoretical
kinetic analysis, and kinetic modelling of environmental chamber
studies, our research aims to contribute in the development of an
explicit, comprehensive model for atmospheric aromatics oxidation. The
research will intertwine with ongoing theoretical and experimental
investigations both in Mainz and abroad.

To join or leave the molecular-dynamics-news email list, go to:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/molecular-dynamics-news.html