From: Helen Beecher Bryant [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 26 September 2012 14:30
To: Helen Beecher Bryant
Subject: Maternity Action's free seminar - sign up now!

Dear Supporters,

It’s not too late to sign up for Maternity Action’s free seminar – ‘Maternity, paternity and parental leave reforms: the health and equality impacts’.

The Government has foreshadowed major changes to maternity, paternity and parental leave with the aim of promoting shared parenting.

What are the implications of the reforms for the health and wellbeing of mother, baby and family?

How can we best promote the take-up of leave by fathers while protecting the job security of women?

What can be done to support flexibility on return to work?

Is there sufficient legal protection for breastfeeding on return to work?

The seminar is taking place on Thursday 25th October, 9.30am – 2.45pm, followed by Maternity Action’s AGM, at the Unison Centre, 130 Euston Road, London NW1 2AY. Full details of the event can be viewed here.

Speakers include:

Jo Swinson MP, Minister for Employment Relations, Consumer and Postal Affairs (invited)

Vicky Carne, Head of Midwifery, MIDIRS

Alison Garnham, Chief Executive, Child Poverty Action Group

Kate Green MP, Shadow Minister of State for Equalities

Peter Moss, Emeritus Professor, Institute of Education, University of London

Camilla Palmer, Leigh Day Solicitors

Sarah Veale, Head of Equality and Employment Rights, TUC

Rosalie Ward, Researcher, Author of 'Health and equality impacts of well paid parental leave'

Cathy Warwick, General Secretary, Royal College of Midwives

Places are limited, so apply immediately via our form: http://goo.gl/TzC5R

If you have already signed up, please feel free to circulate this to your colleagues.

We will then contact you to confirm your place.

Kind regards

Helen BB

Helen Beecher Bryant

Project Officer

Maternity Action

52-54 Featherstone Street

London EC1Y 8RT

T: 020 7253 2288

E: [log in to unmask]

W: www.maternityaction.org.uk

Maternity Action advice line: 0845 600 8533

Find us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Support our campaign to defend maternity rights and protect maternity services

www.valuingmaternity.org