Brenda,

i've not tried Babylon (Babblefish?), but have used

http://translate.google.com/

with some "success" --at least one can get some idea of the vocabulary, maybe
even some idea of the meaning of parts of the sentence.

vocabulary is the primary use that i can see to these things.

much as i hate to say it (since it's a MicroSoft product), i've had more
success with German & French "translations" from

http://translate.google.com/

than with the google thingie --though bing don't do Dead Languages.

over the years, there has actually been some detectable improvement in these
on-line translators (i have no idea how good the commercial softwhere might
be) --the google one even has some kind of feedback mechanism so that you can
"correct" the translation offered.

this might account for its superiority in some instances --providing that
there is some kind of mechanism for incorporating the users' "improvements"
(which might require some kind of Human Action, anathema to any Real
Googlista).

of course, the best way to use these is to enter your Latin text in one of
them, extract the English translation from it and enter that English into the
other one, asking for a translation into Latin.

then, take the second translator's Latin and enter it into the first
translator and extract the English from that.

it's kind of tedious, i know, but it's the only way you can really be sure of
getting Pure Gibberish, instead of only Part Gibberish.

bone chance.