Venue: St Mungo Museum of Religious Life and Art, Glasgow
Date: 18th December 2012
Time: 11-4pm

Workshop aims:

·      Share visitor studies already carried out into ‘co-produced’ and/or ‘user-generated’ content

·      Identify questions raised by existing visitor research

·      Identify gaps in our understanding

·      Investigate possible approaches and methodologies

·      Potentially frame questions for further research, collaborations and funding bids.

Workshop Overview:

‘Co-produced’ and ‘user-generated’ exhibits and/or exhibitions are becoming a much more common feature of both temporary and permanent displays. While there is an increasing amount of research andevaluation on the experience of being a participant, there is much less on how visitors interpret co-produced and user-generated content. Given that the debates around co-production and user-generated content often concern questions of ‘quality’ and the usefulness of non-expert contributions, understanding visitor perspectives is the urgent next step for research.

The aim of the workshop is to bring together museums and researchers who have already conducted visitor research on exhibitions/exhibits with ‘co-produced’ or ‘user-generated’ elements. The workshop has come from discussions between a number of museums and projects which have already carried out small-scale visitor research and we seek other museums, researchers and freelancers who have done the same. We want to share and interpret the existing research, identify gaps in our understanding and consider future directions for this work, including possible funding bids.

Funding
There is some funding available for participants from smaller museums and freelancers.

To Apply
Fill in the attached form. If you would like to apply for funding please identify your likely costs.

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg