Hi Laura,

I’ve reported the issue with articles bookmarked from JSTOR adding prefixes to the volume and issue fields to Talis but I haven’t had a response. It prevents our link resolver from working too.

Our book chapter link to does the same as you- it uses the chapter title instead of the book title in the ’search for other formats/editions’ link, we hadn’t noticed that before.

Lucy

From: Unwin, Laura J. [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 20 September 2012 10:26
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Bookmarking queries

We are currently testing out Talis Aspire against our library resources and have come across a few things that we wondered if anyone else has encountered and managed to solve. Our catalogue is SirsiDynix Symphony.

The first problem is importing the metadata from JSTOR, we can import articles and the metadata but the metadata includes prefixes on the volume and number information and therefore when you link back to an article the link doesn’t work correctly. If we remove the prefixes then it links through fine. Has anyone else had the same problem and discovered a fix for it?

The second is when we are including book chapters, the bookmark itself works ok but when you click back to look at other titles available on our library catalogue it is searching by the chapter title not the book. Is this a common error or do we need to adjust something?

The third is related to ebooks, has anyone discovered a way that that an “ebook” can appear as the object rather than “book”?

And finally does anyone know how you make online resource appear against an entry when the metadata is for the ebook but Online resource symbol doesn’t appear.

Any help/guidance would be great,

Thanks

Laura

Laura Unwin

Learning & Teaching Services Assistant

David Wilson Library

University of Leicester

PO Box 248

University Road

Leicester. LE1 9QD

T: +44(0)116 3101

F: +44(0) 116 252 2066

E:  [log in to unmask]

W: www.le.ac.uk/library

Winner of the 2012 THE Award for Outstanding Library Team

Elite Without Being Elitist

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/uniofleicester

Laura Unwin

Learning & Teaching Services Assistant

David Wilson Library

University of Leicester

PO Box 248

University Road

Leicester. LE1 9QD

T: +44(0)116 3101

F: +44(0) 116 252 2066

E:  [log in to unmask]

W: www.le.ac.uk/library

Winner of the 2012 THE Award for Outstanding Library Team

Elite Without Being Elitist

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/uniofleicester

To unsubscribe from the LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-TALIS-ASPIRE&A=1