Getting the best from virtual teams: Martin White

Venue: CILIP, 7 Ridgmount Street, London, WC1E 7AE

Date: Wednesday, 7 November, 2012 - 09:30 - 16:30

Course Outline:

No matter what the size of the organisation, working in a virtual team is now the way that discussions are held and decisions made. Often members of these teams are external to the organisation, and may well be in a different country and time zone.

Virtual teams are not a new way of working, and over the last three decades a great deal of research and experience has led to the establishment of a substantial amount of good practice in the management of virtual teams. However it seems that few organisations offer staff tuition in either how to participate in a virtual team, or in managing such a team.

Among the subjects to be covered will be:

    Understanding why and how virtual teams differ from co-located teams

    Making good use of audio and video technologies

    Preparing for virtual team meetings

    The best structure for a virtual team meeting

    How to address the common challenges of virtual teams

    Evaluating team performance

    Developing training courses for virtual teams and team members

The course will be a mixture of presentations and group work to enable delegates to gain an insight into the benefits and challenges of virtual teams

Who should attend:

Anyone who has to manage or participate in virtual team meetings and wishes to get the best out of other team members during and between meetings.

Course Presenter: Martin White

The course will be presented by Martin White, Managing Director, Intranet Focus Ltd. He has been involved in managing virtual teams for over thirty years, and regularly works with multi-national virtual teams as a key element of his consulting projects.

Costs (including lunch and refreshments): UKeiG members £160 + VAT at the current rate; others £200 + VAT at the current rate

To register your interest in this meeting, reserve a place, or request further details, please email [log in to unmask]. Further details are also available via the UKeiG website at www.ukeig.org.uk.

--

UKeiG has the CILIP Seal of Recognition, which recognises high standards in the content and relevance of training courses. See http://www.cilip.org.uk/qualificationschartership/seal/

for details

UKeiG is a Special Interest Group of CILIP: the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals. 7 Ridgmount Street, London, WC1E 7AE. Registered Charity No. 313014.

Visit our web site: http://www.ukeig.org.uk

Jennifer Ford

Information Manager

National Heart Forum | Victoria House | 7th Floor | Southampton Row | London, WC1B 4AD | UK

Tel: +44 (0) 20 7831 7420 | DDI: + 44 (0) 20 3077 5959.  | Registered Charity No. 803286 | VAT No. 869 8720 57

Visit our associated websites:

| Obesity Learning Centre | The knowledge and innovation network

| PANacea | The online network for physical activity and nutrition community

| GLOBALink | The online network for global tobacco control
| Healthy Places | Planning for healthy communities

Disclaimer:

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.  Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the National Heart Forum. Finally, whilst we make every effort to keep our network free from viruses, the recipient should still check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The National Heart Forum accepts no liability for any damage caused by a virus transmitted by this email.