To those libraries that have already upgraded to Encore 4.2, how much memory do you have on your Encore servers, and are you running a 32-bit or 64-bit OS? Did anyone have to upgrade their server before upgrading to 4.2?

We tried to upgrade to Encore 4.2 last week but the process failed. Innovative told us that our software-only server needs at least 12GB of memory, preferably 16GB, since we are running a 32-bit OS. We currently have 8GB on 32-bit Linux on a virtual server.

Innovative also warned us that Encore 5.0 (due next year) will require a 64-bit OS as well as a minimum of 24GB RAM. Our IT department think this sounds excessive...

Regards,
Anna

--
Anna Brynolf
Senior Learning Resources Assistant (Systems)

Library and Learning Resources (LLR)
London South Bank University
103 Borough Road, London, SE1 0AA
Tel: +44 (0)20 7815 6680
Email: [log in to unmask]

No.1 modern university in the UK for graduate starting salaries
Sunday Times University Guide 2011