From: This list is for current and potential users of the Innopac system [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of PHILLIPS M.E.
Sent: 04 September 2012 11:59
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Millennium ILL developments

Hello,

Just to report that while I was on holiday an e-mail from Eric Leckbee at Innovative arrived.  Because the British Library is now moving ahead with developing the new BLDSC API, which should be available within a few months, Innovative are going to wait and code a solution based on the new API.

I see this as pretty good news, as the new API allows much tighter integration with library management systems.  Even if Innovative initially implement the minimum possible, much more clearly defined use of the fields will be needed, so the work we have gone through is not wasted.

Matthew

--
Matthew Phillips
Electronic Systems Librarian, Durham University Durham University Library, Stockton Road, Durham, DH1 3LY

This message has been scanned for viruses by Websense Hosted Email Security - www.websense.com