I am not sure about this (others are probably better informed) but I think that the COPAC Z39.50 server might not serve full MARC records.  Certainly this page suggests it does not:

http://copac.ac.uk/developers/z39.50/

This means that Millennium will be attempting to produce MARC from records which do not have the richness of MARC’s fields, which would explain the effect.

The RLUK database, which partly underlies the COPAC database, is a full MARC21 database, but to access that via Z39.50 you have to be an RLUK member or pay a subscription.

Matthew

--

Matthew Phillips

Electronic Systems Librarian, Durham University

Durham University Library, Stockton Road, Durham, DH1 3LY

+44 (0)191 334 2941