Hi,
We have recently moved to using Eduroam as our Wi-Fi network. Previously, whilst Eduroam was available, we used our own in house network.

We have uncovered problems accessing proxied ScienceDirect links when connected to Eduroam.

Using the following link: https://ezp.napier.ac.uk/login?url=http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.crohns.2012.01.005, from an Ipad (OS 5_0_1, Safari), I get a HTTP Status 401 error message; but from a netbook (Windows 7, IE 9), I can get in.

If I use the doi link picked up from the ScienceDirect site (i.e. the ones academics are likely to pick up), http://ezproxy.napier.ac.uk:2257/10.1016/j.crohns.2012.01.005 (note that 2257 is the host number assigned to the DOI system by our EZProxy installation), from an Ipad, I get “Cannot open page (could not connect to the server)” or “Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred”. It doesn’t get to the login box. From a netbook, I get our old login box, i.e. not the one we use currently, and the following error message once I’ve logged in: Internet Explorer cannot display the page.

Has anyone seen anything similar? Please feel free to reply to me off list if you prefer.

Many thanks,

Sharon

Sharon Robinson
Electronic Resources Advisor