Hi Lukasz,

> The same problem happened with local dpm - and there is no
> firewall in between

What about the NAT box that your WN seem to be behind?

On our WMS nodes most of the hanging gridftp-server processes are
associated with clients behind NAT boxes.  But maybe that is simply
reflecting many sites having their WN set up like that...

> timeouts are set what means that lcg-cp should respect them

Yes, there would be a bug in the old GFAL code of the gLite 3.2 WN.
That is one good reason to move to the EMI WN as soon as feasible,
which for WLCG means it should work for ATLAS and/or CMS.
We will try to get that sorted still this month, with the help of
various sites configuring test queues with the EMI-2 SL5 WN.