Hi all

An exciting opportunity exists for a lecturer (Level B) to join the Geology and Geophysics group in the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences to complement our existing teaching and research strengths.  We invite applications from candidates across the field of tectonics, neotectonics and/or thermochronology. The position is fixed term (four years).

The University of Adelaide’s Geology and Geophysics group is one of Australia’s premier teaching and research groups in geosciences, and has a dedicated and dynamic group of staff.  It is one of the largest academic geosciences groups in the country and receives strong support from industry and government. We invite applications from candidates across the field of geoscience, but are particularly interested in applicants who can develop and apply aspects of tectonics, neotectonics and/or thermochronology to the evolution of the Earth.  The successful appointee will have both a strong field-based and laboratory-based research background and be enthusiastic about contributing to the Geology and Geophysics group at The University of Adelaide.

The position has an academic focus and candidates are expected to provide evidence of strong performance in, and a commitment to, teaching as well as have a strong research ethos.  The successful applicant will be required to contribute to undergraduate teaching by undertaking course development and coordination, and in leading field excursions.

The successful candidate will also have a record of high-impact, international research as demonstrated by peer-reviewed journal articles and other evidence of standing in the research community. She/he will be expected to apply for competitive external funding and attract and train PhD students.

Closing date is Oct 26th

For further information, please go to http://www.adelaide.edu.au/jobs/current/1699/ or contact me at [log in to unmask]

Cheers
Alan