Hi folks - apologies for multiple listings. I'm happy to field questions, although I'm not the official search chair.

Please feel free to pass on to interested colleagues.

-Matt

Boise State University invites applications for a tenure track faculty position in igneous processes to be filled at the level of Assistant Professor.  Boise State has internationally recognized programs in orogenic systems, surface processes, and near-surface geophysics with diverse state-of-the-art laboratory capabilities in trace element, radiogenic isotope and stable isotope geochemistry. The newly completed Environmental Research Building houses the department and further supports interdisciplinary research in our dynamic department.  We encourage applications from individuals interested in contributing to our vibrant and progressive program.

Responsibilities: The successful applicant will develop an internationally recognized program in igneous processes supported by external funding. More specifically, we seek a dynamic, recent PhD whose research focuses on mantle petrology or geochemistry and its implications for arc magmatism, preferably employing techniques that include electron probe microanalysis and/or experimental petrology. Active and collegial participation in the continued growth and development of the solid Earth program through research and teaching are required. We encourage candidates to establish collaborative research efforts, provide research opportunities for students, and deliver courses at both undergraduate and graduate level.

Qualifications:
·       Ph.D. in geology, geosciences, or a closely-related field is required at the time of appointment
·       Excellent teaching skills and research experience in academia, government and/or industry demonstrated through publications are required.
·       The applicant must demonstrate potential to obtain, or currently have, an externally funded research program.

Application Procedure:  Please apply online at https://cgiss.boisestate.edu/~pm/FacultySearch/ where you will upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of research and teaching interests, and contact information for at least three references.  Please reference Search Number AS-0006-23 in all your correspondence.  For additional information contact the search committee chair:

Dr. C.J. Northrup
Professor
Department of Geosciences
Boise State University
1910 University Drive
Boise. ID  83725-1535

Review of applicants will begin October 1, and will continue until finalists are identified. Applications received after that point may be considered if the position is not filled from the finalist pool.

About the University:  Boise State is a growing institution (>19,000 students) serving Idaho’s metropolitan center. As the state’s capital and business, financial and cultural center, Boise is consistently recognized as one of America’s best places to live.  A favorable cost of living, coupled with moderate climate and a wide variety of cultural and recreational opportunities, contribute to an outstanding quality of life for our faculty.  A vibrant scientific community draws from the faculty of the University, regional high-tech industries, and numerous state and federal agencies.

About the Department:  For further information about our faculty, research and teaching programs, please visit our websites at http://earth.boisestate.edu.

About the City of Boise:  http://www.boisechamber.org/

As of August 17, 2009, Boise State University is a smoke free campus.
Dr. Matthew J. Kohn, Professor
Department of Geosciences
Boise State University
1910 University Dr.; MS1535
Boise, ID 83725-1535
http://earth.boisestate.edu/mattkohn/
phone: (208)-426-2757   fax: (208)-426-4061