Hi,

I followed your conversation, because I have a similar analysis (patients and controls, one variable with values only in patients).
I run a linear regression with only 1 EV, demeaned within patients and zeros for the controls.
I didn't use the -D option of randomise; now I re-run the analysis with the -D option, but the results is exactly the same.
Also, the result is the same if I do not demean at all.
I guess, this is due to the fact, that I only have values for patients and not for controls?

And I also would like to ask, how I can test for a quadratic effect, as I have read this in a paper - just square my EV?

Many thanks for all your help!

Best wishes,
Viola