Dear FSL team,

I am struggling a bit with the statistics for my resting state analyses.
I have two groups (each 20 subejcts) and a pre and post measurement. I already ran the ICA and now would like to do the dual regression.
In this regression I would like to investigate the main effect of group, condition (pre/post) and the interaction (group differences on the difference between post and pre).

Should I do a 2by2 anova with 4 EV's (group1 timepoint 1; group 1 timepoint 2; group 2 timepoint 1; group 2 timepoint 2).

And then create the following contrast file

main effect group: 1 1 -1 -1
main effect time 1 -1 1 -1
interaction: 1 -1 -1 1

However, I read somewhere that I should subtract both conditions for each individual and then compare the two group on this 'subtracted image'??
Is this correct?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Best
Heidi

Dr. Heidi Jacobs
Postdoc researcher
Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences
School for Mental Health and Neurosciences
Division Cognitive Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences
Alzheimer Center Limburg
www.maastrichtuniversity.nl
www.heidijacobs.nl

Dr. Tanslaan 12, 6229 ET Maastricht
P.O. Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
T +31 43 38 84 090 F +31 43 38 84 092