I have 21 subjects assigned to 3 treatment groups: Control, Treat X, and Treat Y. Scans were conducted at 4 levels of the n back (0, 1, 2, and 3 back) pre and post treatment. I am interested in  (a) mean activation within each group at each time point, (b) changes within each treatment group as a result of treatment and (c) how the outcomes of the treatments differed from one another. First level analyses were done on the pre and post scans for each subject with separate copes for each level of the n-back  and copes for the difference between 0 back and other levels of the n back (see below for a sample). Copes 1-3 were masked against the higher n back levels. Copes 4-6 were masked against the 0 back.

However, I’m not sure how to set up my higher level analyses. Any suggestions?

M. Omar Faison, Ph.D.
Associate Professor/Chair, Biology
Director, Sponsored Research
Virginia State University
Petersburg, VA 23806
(804) 631-3330
http://twitter.com/omarfaison

“The information in this email and any attachments may be confidential and privileged. Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient (or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this information to the intended recipient) please notify the sender by reply email and immediately delete this email and any copies from your computer and/or storage system. The sender does not authorize the use, distribution, disclosure or reproduction of this email (or any part of its contents) by anyone other than the intended recipient(s).

No representation is made that this email and any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the responsibility of the recipient.”