Hi,

avwstats is a name form an early, now almost archaic state of FSL, before the avw-prefix was changed to fsl. Hene, you want to try out fslstats now, instead of this ancient name of almost the same tool.

The -V option gives you the number of non-zero voxels, and the volume comprised by these voxel, if this si what you want. otherwise, just type fslstats and see the explanation for the available option.

good luck, wolf