Hi,

Right, when you run the 3rd level you'll most likely enter the 2nd level
copes, which are in a .gfeat/cope#.feat/stats/cope# directory (the #'s
depend on your study).  The lower level feat option allows you to
enter gfeat/cope#.feat and it applies your model to all the copes in
the .gfeat/cope#.feat/stats/ directory.

Not sure what you mean by the variance and the degrees of freedom.  Perhaps
you were wondering how the higher level analysis runs if you only feed in a
cope?  Feat will automatically find the varcope files in order to run the
Flame analysis.

Cheers,
Jeanette