Hi all,

it is well known that Rosemary's Baby was originally offered to Hitchcock to direct, but he passed it on, and so it ended up in Polanski's lap. This makes sense in so far as there appears to be no room in Hitchcock's work for the occult. Yet there is the case of The Birds, which could be called occult because there is no explanation given for the birds' attacks. So my question is, is this a sublime aberration in his work, and are there other instances in Hitch of the occult which may have eluded me?

Thanks for your ideas.

Henry