Ours will probably differ quite a lot to big centres – as we are a fairly small campus, not too much paperwork is generated so we are able to store data for the amount of time we do – generally amounts to about 40 lever arch folders a year.

All paperwork is kept in a room adjoining the Exams Office – this is a locked room where we also keep the exam papers – we have 3 locked cupboards for the exam papers, and about 4 double sided sliding storage units.

This will fit 7 years’ worth fine, and results for 10, which is generally about half a dozen folders per year.

Almost all paperwork as it contains sensitive information gets either put in secure waste bags – if we can get hold of them – or shredded if not, but takes a whole lot longer that way!

Amy

Amy Coombes

Exams Officer

Pontypool Campus