Sent: 25 September 2012 16:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RETENTION OF DOCUMENTATION IN THE EXAMS OFFICE

Hi everyone

We are looking at streamlining what we keep in the exams office due to a pending office move where we will not have the same amount of space, can you confirm how long you keep the following:

Title

Duration

Notes to explain

Exams documentation

Paperwork

Attendance Lists from exams

12 months

Previous academic year in archive and current academic year in exams office

Feedback forms from exams

12 months

Previous academic year in archive and current academic year in exams office

Declaration forms for students not bringing their Student ID cards

12 months

Previous academic year in archive and current academic year in exams office

Coursework

12 months

Return to teaching departments for distribution to students after appeals closing date, normally October from Summer

Estimated Entry and Estimated Grades documentation

12 months

Previous academic year in archive and current academic year in exams office

Access arrangement application paper copies

24 months

2 academic years worth if enrolled again then sent to archive

Special Consideration documentation

12 months

Previous academic year in archive and current academic year in exams office

General Awarding Body correspondence

12 months

Confirmation of entry or registration listings/forms

12 months

Or when results have been issued whichever is sooner, keep for 2 years if 2 yr programme

Results from Awarding Bodies

36 months

Shred after end of the 3 years

Returned certificates

12 months

Previous academic year in archive and current academic year in exams office

BTEC Student Report Forms and certificate listings

5 years

Shred after end of the 5 years

Online examination feedback forms

12 months

Previous academic year in archive and current academic year in exams office

Copies of certificates for other areas of the College e.g. WPL, School links, NEET etc

12 months

Previous academic year in archive and current academic year in exams office

Computer files

Duration

Notes to explain

Access arrangement spreadsheet on K drive

24 months

Tracking spreadsheets on K drive for Awarding Bodies

24 months

Examination Timetables - online and written

24 months

To compare attendance rates etc.

Title

Duration

Notes to explain

General documentation

Completed student correspondence

Destroy immediately

Pending student Correspondence

Until completed

Completed memos and emails

Destroy immediately

Pending memos and copies of emails

Until completed

KIT Meetings with Manager

Ongoing

Team Meeting Minutes

Ongoing

Professional Meetings Minutes

12 months

Financial Information e.g. orders and invoices

7 Years

Finance keep records

These are what we are proposing

Can you confirm whether you do any different?

Can you confirm you keep Awarding Body results for 3 academic years?

Can you confirm you keep BTEC SRFs and certificate listings for 5 academic years?

Thanks

Sally

Mrs Sally Graham

Stockport College

Exams/Awards Manager

Direct Dial No: 0161 958 3312

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the sender.

Stockport College was established under the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 and is an exempt
charity for the purposes of the Charities Act 1993.

Stockport College, Wellington Road South, Stockport. SK1 3UQ
VAT Registration 611574558

Be green, keep it on screen!

Kendal College

The contents of this email, including any attachments, may be confidential and are solely intended for the named addressees.  If you are not an addressee, you may not disclose, copy or distribute this email and we request that you notify [log in to unmask]  and delete the email.  Kendal College accepts no legal liability for the contents of this email, including any errors or viruses that it may contain.  Any views expressed, which do not relate to the official business of Kendal College, are neither given nor endorsed by the company and are personal views expressed by the sender.

Kendal College Website

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by NetIQ MailMarshal