The cheapskates have only provided the minimum, 'free', programmes by the sound of it.  How crap is that! Bet they charging a fortune for the room tho' ....

You could get your own back perhaps by plugging the laptop into the tv screen and playing the internet broadcasts through it.

Just a thought

Laura

On 3 September 2012 18:20, Rebecca Jay Dutneall <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Interesting point there Laura, but would it surprise you to know, I am currently staying in a Holiday Inn in London, as you may know Holiday Inn is supporting The Olympic and Paralympic Games but I can't access the additional Channel 4 Paralympic Channels via the tv in the bedroom and have to watch it off a laptop - I foresaw that this might happen, so spent £60 to hire a laptop from my University - one good thing though this hotel has only recently opened, and the Owners took the decision not to charge for internet access, although it is patchy!

Every cloud has a silver lining - apparently!

Becky.

 ----- Message from [log in to unmask] ---------
    Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 16:06:26 +0100
    From: laura welti <[log in to unmask]>
 Subject: Re: The Paralympics represents apartheid in sport.
      To: [log in to unmask]AC.UK

Hi Maria

Yes, it seems many other countries are not really giving the paralympics
any tv coverage.  A case of 'same old, same old' I'm afraid.

It's a real pity because the programming is/could have been available had
non-UK tv stations wanted it.  Balancing this just a tiny bit is that the
para/lympic village has, for the first time ever, been built for Disabled
people rather than has been the case previously where the villages have
been built to non-Disabled people specifications then stripped (and
marginally adapted) for the Disabled athletes once the olympics has
finished.

However, if you want to follow events, the tv channel providing the  UK
coverage also has footage of quite a few of the events on its website.
Just go to www.channel4.com.

They have live coverage and recorded events (via their 'on demand'
programming), with links available on the home page.  For recorded events
follow the links to 4oD.

 Hope this helps you - the performances have been incredible this year,
with new world records being set right, left and centre!
Laura