Dear Neven,

Attendees of the recent Linked Ancient World Data Institute agreed
that VIAF should be common ground for their projects. I think these
are good resources to link to.

For what it's worth, Pleiades has at least 94 fictional places:

http://pleiades.stoa.org/search?getFeatureType=false+toponym&portal_type=Place

These are typically the inventions or mistakes of single ancient or
19th century authors identified during the compilation of the
Barrington Atlas and not major mythical places. Pleiades has real
places that are well mixed up with fiction, such as the place Roman
authors believed was the legendary island of the Lotus eaters:
http://pleiades.stoa.org/places/344440. The data model can accommodate
truly mythical places, but the editors of the project would need to
discuss whether those are in the scope of Pleiades.

Yours,