Thanks Chris.  Lee made a good point about it not being an FoI site, which I accept.  As for the reference to Hillsborough, I feel it was justified.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9623861.Letter_of_apology_will_be_placed_on_reader_s_mum_s_grave/

Given the Council's introduction of the above illegal 4 week delay on assigning care packages, done to save money, and the death of the lady concerned, we have a similar situation, although obviously not on the same levels of seriousness or magnitude - which I did say in the relevant post.

For the family of this lady (and possibly others yet to be uncovered) and given the council's ensuing denials, obfuscation, minimisation, removal to another department and failure to make the person responsible accountable, then the rapid removal of the illegal delaying policy - all backed by a complete lockdown on responding to FoI requests, I'd say contributor Lee is way out of order in accusing ME of being "tasteless".

In fact I'm worried that should his sympathies still be lying with this ruthless organisation and with the FoI people in situ, bending to its will and continuing to prop it up, then he needs to have a sit down and a hard think:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/wbc_dass_4_week_delay_investigat