What all the sensible people have to consider is just how desperate the ordinary American people are to believe in that good old con trick I mean good old American dream. After all they have little else left and are so desperate for something that harkens to that dream that they will believe in any old salesman's hype.
Magic beans anyone? Or maybe I could interest you in a new suit?
As if that isn't enough to convince you how nutty the Americans really are there is this little snippet from earlier today (or yesterday as it now is)
http://www.alternet.org/election-2012/two-florida-republicans-want-law-allowing-gun-owners-shoot-illegal-voters?akid=9298.1088484.fg9lAG&rd=1&src=newsletter701550&t=6
Okay its a wind up but it is an American wind up and a nation that can stoop so low as to perpetrate such an action are truly depraved and definitely undemocratic. They're also very insane to even believe that someone who promises them jam tomorrow will deliver when his past record has been to steal that jam at every opportunity. Now he is simply ensuring he can steal the lot.
We have made a hash of convincing the general public of the real threats of climate change simply because the enemy of any kind of change to the way we behave have been better at dismissing the problems. And that is because they know precisely how to manipulate the audience. Their audience. After all this is the land of the 'not so free' and the people in power have all the money and know precisely where to spend it to garner the best returns.
The media has been bought long since and the politicians only go into politics to earn a load of cash and a secure post political life career.

Its funny but we had something similar to the Romney/Obama double act of good president bad president (you choose which is which). Yes we had Blair and now we have Cameron. Bad politician and worse politician. Yes people, neither of them cares much about the climate unless its the economic climate and the value of their own mini fortunes.
It won't be long before citizens united comes to Britain and then watch the politicians dance a really brilliant corporate waltz, all smiles and razzmatazz.

Don't expect the politicians to do anything about climate change any time soon. It isn't in their handlers best interests to do so and lets face it the best way to handle poodles is firmly and on a short leash.
Kev C