Just a word of caution you cannot use Becquerel’s to asses contaminated land as this is mearly the number of radioactive decays per second

The measure you are interested in is milli seiverts which is a measure of the radioactive dose which is dependant on the source type and energy of the radiation aswell as the number of decays per second

e.g. activity of natural potassium is about 31 Bq/g Since a typical banana contains about half a gram of potassium,[4] it will have an activity of roughly 15 Bq The absorbed radiation dose depends on the type and energy of the emitted particles, as well as on the location of the source in the body (external, inhaled, ingested, etc.). According to the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the conversion factor (CEDE) is 5.02 nanosieverts over 50 years for each becquerel of isotopically pure potassium-40 ingested by an average adult

Thanks

Gareth Rees Mgeol (HONS) FGS

Contaminated Land Officer

Please rate the standard of my e mail.