already signed and shared on fb Will happily write a letter!jacqui l Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 10:18:11 +0100 From: [log in to unmask] Subject: Fwd: openlibpsy Disappearance of 2 psychologists and a further comrade in Mexico - online petition now available To: [log in to unmask] Please see action alert below -------- Original Message -------- Subject: openlibpsy Disappearance of 2 psychologists and a further comrade in Mexico - online petition now available Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 09:32:18 +0100 From: Mark Burton (LibPsy) <[log in to unmask]> Reply-To: [log in to unmask] To: [log in to unmask] There is now an online petition at http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/ay%C3%BAdenos-a-encontrar-a-ana-bel%C3%A9m-s%C3%A1nchez-diego-maldonado-y-luis-casta%C3%B1eda# I'm normally not a great fan of this kind of 'clicktivism' but in this case it is a good way to demonstrate that they are not alone. Thanks Mark Please see below. I'll also post this on libpsy.org Any thoughts about a statement or other action from the network? My own view is that a multitude of letters from around the world, complete with titles and all that are likely to be more effective than a collective statement from the network. Mark -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Paracho disappearances Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2012 16:31:10 +0000 From: Ian Parker <[log in to unmask]> To: Mark Burton <[log in to unmask]> Hi Mark, could the liberation psychology network issue a statement about this? Details of the case are at (http://nomasvictimas.org/abduction/). I suggest this simple letter is sent to me, and to Dr. Roberto Mendoza of the Universidade Federal de Campina Grande in Brazil ([log in to unmask]). We can then relay it to those who are organising inside Mexico and outside to put pressure on the authorities to take this seriously. 3 September 2012 To whom it may concern: We want to register our support for the recent calls on the authorities in the town of Paracho, Michoacan State of Mexico and other relevant authorities in Mexico to investigate the disappearance on Wednesday 18th July 2012 of three psychologists Ana Belén Sánchez Mayorga, Diego A Maldonado and Luis Enrique Castañeda Nava. These three were visiting the town to give a science workshop at the Balloon Festival at the invitation of the Paracho Community Cultural Centre and the local government. Blood and signs of struggle in the hotel from where they were abducted have not been taken seriously by the police. Petitions have been signed, and letters of support sent from inside Mexico and abroad. We are aware that a national demonstration took place in Mexico City on the 1st September. We ask that this disappearance of our colleagues is taken seriously. -- libpsysig Visit http://libpsy.org -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Liberation Psychology open discussion list" group. To post to this group, send email to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [log in to unmask] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/openlibpsy?hl=en?hl=en Visit the network website and networking hub - http://libpsy.org -- From Mark Burton From: Mark Burton 37 Chandos Rd South Chorlton Manchester M21 0TH UK Telephones: +44 (0)161 881 6887 landline +44 (0)777 594 9479 mobile skype name: markburton52 http://www.compsy.org.uk Community Psychology UK http://libpsy.org Liberation Psychology Network http://greendealmanchester.wordpress.com/ Book: Critical Community Psychology also available: A Green Deal for the Manchester-Mersey Bioregion and The Replacement Economy. ___________________________________ There is a twitter feed: http://twitter.com/CommPsychUK (to post contact Grant [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe or to change your details on this COMMUNITYPSYCHUK list, visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=COMMUNITYPSYCHUK ___________________________________ There is a twitter feed: http://twitter.com/CommPsychUK (to post contact Grant [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe or to change your details on this COMMUNITYPSYCHUK list, visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=COMMUNITYPSYCHUK