Good morning,

I am a psych professor in the US who has just joined this list-serve and I would appreciate your suggestions for contacts and organizations in London or the UK for a study abroad program I may work on with undergrads next summer.

I would "tweak" my current undergraduate community psych intro class to offer a small undergrad, study abroad, seminar in London. There will be about 20 undergraduates from our university participating. My seminar is called "Empowering families, Empowering Communities" and it typically has an internship component. My university tells me that the students will not be able to participate in an internship because of the type of visa they will get, but  I am hoping to have some great field trips and speakers who are doing local work. I can also get them involved in community work under a different type of auspice, such as field research. I have learned to be pretty creative in these types of circumstances.

I have met some very interesting folks at the international CP conferences from the UK who are doing good community work. Who might you suggest I talk to. Is anyone on this list-serv interested?

lorraine

P.S. here's a link to a website that can provide information about the kind of work I am doing in the US.

http://sitemaker.umich.edu/detroit.initiative/home

--
Lorraine M. Gutiérrez
Arthur F. Thurnau Professor

http://sitemaker.umich.edu/lgutierrez/home

Action indeed is the sole medium of expression for ethics.  Jane Addams (1860-1935)