Dear you all

I really need your help. I was trying to install ccp4i Package Manager, and
got an error saying "/lib64/tls/libc.so.6 version 'GLIBC-2.4' not found".

The file '/lib64/tls/libc.so.6' was actually linked to 'libc-2.3.4.so'. I
thought this one might be out of date. So I found a newer version of
'libc-2.5.so' on another linux machine and copied it here under the same
directory '/lib64/tls'.

Then the stupid thing I did was as follows:
mv  libc-2.3.4.so libc-2.3.4.so.old
mv libc-2.5.so libc-2.3.4.so

Now I can't use any command. I can't ls, rm, mv, cp, pwd, and so on. I
always got an error saying "relocation error: /lib64/tls/libc.so.6: symbol
_dl_tls_get_addr_soft, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file
ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 with link time reference".

It looks like a serious problem. Did I damage the operating system? Could
you please give some advice on how to fix it?

I am anxiously waiting for your help!

Best regards

Jie Liu