I agree with you. And I know Aingeal too. Her PhD research, recently finished, was on Finnegans Wake. She's a very bright young woman who knows the difference between the good and the whimsically bullshit. But then reviews in the Guardian help to get you an interview for that all-important first permanent academic post. Check the post-grad unemployment rate.If she was your daughter and wondering whether to take the Guardian shilling for the standard inspid, let's-not-rock-the-boat piece, what would you advise her to do?

John