I am just wondering here how many poets do we know who were murderers?? (not
me yet!)

-----Original Message-----
From: British & Irish poets [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: 18 September 2012 14:29
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: John Riley

Back in Japan with a load of books.  I picked up a great selected of John
Riley from Carcanet--and found to my horror that this talent was murdered by
two thugs.

One of my students was divested of her money at Victoria station by suri--as
we call pick pockets--this was literally like shaking down a child.

All of which leads up to the question of how many poets do you know of who
were murdered?  Not talking about war, but lost their lives due to criminal
activity, intrigues, street crime, etc...
Chaucer
Surrey
Marlowe

moderns?