I was pretty appalled re the behaviour of G4S during the Olympics and naturally then began to worry about their involvement with the prison ‘service’ and detention centres. Is anyone monitoring them?  Then I learned this what’s below. There should be a campaign against them!

From Liberation, 55/4, September 2012, pp.2-3

G4S  ‘provides security equipment and personnel to shops, supermarkets and businesses inside the growing network of Israeli settlements which are illegal under international law…. Provides scanners at Israeli checkpoints, which Palenstinisansin the West Bank are forced to negotiate every day.  And it provides security services to all jails run by the Israeli Prison Service, including the so-called “security”’ prisons inside Israel and in the West Bank, which hold Palestinian political prisoners. It also provides security services for notorious detention and interrogation facilities…. At Jalame prison, for example, it has a  cell where Palestinian children are locked in solitary confinement for days or even weeks.’