*        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.                *

The Institute for Health and Human Development at University of East London (UEL) is are seeking immediately to appoint new permanent research-focused academic staff at all levelsfrom post-doctoral research fellow to professor.

IHHD is a leading centre for creative  thinking and research in health inequalities, wider determinants of health and community based approaches to health improvement. We are dynamic,  ambitious,  creative, collegiate and multidisciplinary and the largest Research Group. We have external funding Wellcome Trust, DFID, NIHR, ESRC, AHRC as well as Local authorities and health service structures amounting to over £1m per year. We have joint research projects and programmes UCL, London School of Hygieine and Tropical Medicine, Institute of Child Health, Institute of Education, MRC Public Health Research Unit in Glasgow, Queen Mary University of London, University of Liverpool. IHHD is led by Profs Adrian Renton, Angela Harden and Mala Rao.

We have extensive networks in public health delivery structures and are we are closely involved with Local Authorities, PPCTs and CCG’s across 10 London Boroughs in working with communities to co-design and deliver health improvement interventions, developing asset based Joint Strategic Needs Assessments and health and Wellbeing Boards.

UEL is ranked as the leading modern University<http://jobs.uel.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=LECPH> for research in London.

We are looking for people who have the desire and capacity to lead and develop their own research agendas rather than just working on other’s people’s agendas. People with original ideas, capacity to get things done and who want to drive funding organisations priorities rather than just responding to them.

Outlines of posts are available on the UEL website at  the following URLs:

Lecturer in Public Health<http://jobs.uel.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=LECPH>
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in Public Health<http://jobs.uel.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=PDRFPH>
http://jobs.uel.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=PROFPH

Salaries are competitive with those of major London Universities and UEL has agreed that clinical appointments can be made where appropriate.

Applications need to be made by 5<x-apple-data-detectors://1>th<x-apple-data-detectors://1> October<x-apple-data-detectors://1>.  Please therefore contact Prof Adrian Renton ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>; +44 777 589 3669<tel:+44%20777%20589%203669>) of Prof Angela Harden ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>:  +44796 148 2404<tel:+44796%20148%202404> immediately  if you are interested.

Our website is at www.uel.ac.uk/ihhd<http://www.uel.ac.uk/ihhd>