Hi Louise

Since we moved to Roche Cobas c6000 nearly 4 years ago, I regularly see HDL-cholesterol results >3.5mmol/L.

I reported my concerns to Technical Support straight away, during the comparison stages and have not received a satisfactory answer yet. I had been raising it regularly at Roche User Meetings, sorry Roche Symposia, and during our MLS meetings.

I have an enormous amount of cumulative patient data where it cannot be possible for all patients to have changed meds, joined trials, developed liver disease.

I just do not believe the high HDL-cholesterols. Saying that, I do not comment on them and have received no enquiries from our GPs.

Best wishes

Gail

Dr Gail Curtis
Consultant Clinical Biochemist