From: Clinical biochemistry discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Myers Martin (LTHTR)
Sent: Tuesday, 11 September 2012 4:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Lactate Dehydrogenase

the counts are in!

There is an IFCC "reference" method:  L to P
The best LDH method as a tumour marker is L to P (Tietz and others).
I agree with David Bullock we should use just one method
It would appear that L to P is the method of choice and for patient safety reasons we should all use L to P.

martin

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/

CAUTION: This message may contain both confidential and privileged information intended for the addressee named above.
If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message
is prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately, then destroy the original message.
Any views expressed in this message are solely those of the individual sender, except where the sender is specifically authorised
by Sydney Adventist Hospital to state that they are the views of Sydney Adventist Hospital.
This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry.
Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content.
ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
Green Laboratories Work
http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk