CFP--[ongoing] Journal of Urban Cultural Studies [new]

The Journal of Urban Cultural Studies is a new peer-reviewed publication
cutting across both the humanities and the social sciences in order to
better understand the culture(s) of cities. The journal is open to studies
that deal with culture, urban spaces and forms of urbanized consciousness
the world over.

See the journal's website here:
http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=225/view,page=2/

Although we embrace a broad definition of urban cultural studies, we are
particularly interested in submissions that give equal weight to: a) one or
more aspects of urban studies (everyday life, built environment,
architecture, city planning, identity formation, transportation…) and b)
analysis of one or more specific forms of cultural/textual production
(literature, film, graphic novels, music, art, graffiti, videogames, online
or virtual space…) in relation to a given urban space or spaces.

Essays of 7,000-10,000 words (including works cited and notes) should be
sent by attachment to the Editor at [log in to unmask] JUCS is
also open to proposals of special issues by guest editors working
individually or in teams of two. All citations in other languages should be
translated into English for the journal’s international reading public, in
addition to including the original text.

While the journal does not publish book reviews, we do publish review
essays—which should discuss 3-5 recent books on a shared topic or theme (or
place) and run from 2,500 to 4,000 words. Review essays of urban-themed
installations or other works of art are also welcome. These essays will be
reviewed in house. Given our visual focus, we are interested in original,
unpublished artwork on the topic of cities and in publishing articles
accompanied by images where appropriate.

We encourage a variety of approaches to the urban phenomenon—the strengths
of the editorial board run from urban geography to literature and film,
photography and videogames, gender and sexuality, creative economy, popular
music, Marxist approaches, fashion, urban planning, anthropology,
sociology, Deaf culture, built environment, philosophy, architecture,
detective fiction and noir, and more…

--
Benjamin Fraser, Executive Editor
The College of Charleston

*Journal of Urban Cultural Studies*
Click here to go to journal web site at Intellect
Ltd.<http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals/view-Journal,id=225/>
Click here to go to accompanying
blog<http://urbanculturalstudies.wordpress.com/journal-of-urban-cultural-studies>

The *Journal of Urban Cultural Studies* is a new peer-reviewed publication
cutting across both the humanities and the social sciences in order to
better understand the culture(s) of cities. The journal is open to studies
that deal with culture, urban spaces and forms of urbanized consciousness
the world over.

Although we embrace a broad definition of urban cultural studies, we are
particularly interested in submissions that give equal weight to: a) one or
more aspects of urban studies (everyday life, built environment,
architecture, city planning, identity formation, transportation…) and b)
analysis of one or more specific forms of cultural/textual production
(literature, film, graphic novels, music, art, graffiti, videogames, online
or virtual space…) in relation to a given urban space or spaces.

Please contact the editor at [log in to unmask]