On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 1:51 AM, Malcolm J. Currie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Or is that date simply when you originally fixed it in your local tree
(arguably not important to the historical record)?

Hee-hee-hee.  The latter.  It's for my benefit.  The goalposts moved before I could commit along with other changes from updating MSTATS & CHANMAP for the new estimators as MSTATS segments (but I don't think as a result of my August 3 changes).  Juggling too many balls while all the computers are misbehaving then stuff that was working fails in bizarre fashions.

So please use the --date option to git commit rather than contaminating the log message itself.

I still can't get github access to work properly from home for submodules.  So I've duplicated changes in the office.

why? git submodule sync; git submodule update seems to work for everyone as far as I've heard.

At least the repository is actually available...

With this morning's crash who knows when I'll get back to where I was a week ago before the power glitch took down ulaula.  ORAC-DR crashes at stats when I tried to see if David's fix to AST sorted MAKECUBE, which had been going fine even with the July 20 modifications.  The failing monolith might have been early signs of malama's woes.  Certainly performance was slow especially accessing starlink.

--
Tim Jenness