On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Tim Jenness <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Now apple ships X11 in /opt/X11 so I will need to add that to the search
> path. My system is an upgrade from lion so I still have /usr/X11 sitting
> there but it's no longer a privileged location so all the $X_CFLAGS have to
> be added.

So after talking on the Apple X11 mailing list I have learned that /usr/X11
will exist as a soft link to /opt/X11 until people can migrate to /opt/X11
(so I'm guessing that will be until the next cat release). From Tiger to
Lion there was a /usr/include/X11 which explains why we never needed
$X_CFLAGS before (linux has that as well) and why I now needed to fix
everything that has been broken for years but which assumed that X11 is
always in the default /usr/include.

--
Tim Jenness