Hi,

I think one way you can use is performing one-sample t-test (on the zFC*.img) within each group. Then create a mask (only including the voxels with significant positive correlations) for each group. And then make a union of these two masks for between-group analysis.

One concern about this way is a multiple comparison issue. The union mask brought some information to the between-group analysis. For a voxel inside this mask, it's significant in one group, but could be either significant or insignificant in other group. E.g., for those voxels is significant (positive) in group 1 but not significant in group 2, it's more easily find significant higher activity in group 1 than group 2. By bringing such an information into between-group analysis, there should be a multiple comparison issue. I am not very sure how to address such an issue appropriately, probably other experts could provide more thoughts.

Best,

Chao-Gan