A review of models of institutional organisation, and joined up working

Dear colleagues

You may remember circa 18 months or so ago I was clogging up your in boxes with reminders to contribute to this LF Funded Small Development Project. You may also recall a couple of presentations at both the LF/SDF November and SDF Spring Conferences.

After what seems an age we have now finished the final report which can be accessed on the LF Web site. If you click on the url below and scroll down to item 8 you can find this. Whilst this appears a somewhat hefty tome, the appendices do account for 30 plus pages of the report, and although one could argue that the findings might now be a little out of date the Project Team’s view is that the report contains much food for thought about collaboration between HR Generalists and Staff Developers which is still highly relevant.

Finally I should point out that although the project is listed under University of Manchester, it was in fact a consortium project with welcome input from colleagues at Liverpool John Moores, Chester and Edge Hill.

http://www.lfhe.ac.uk/en/research-resources/commissioned-projects/small-development-projects/sdp2010.cfm

Can I encourage you, if you feel it useful and appropriate. to pass this on to any HR generalist colleagues within your institution who may be interested.

Best wishes

Paul Dixon

University of Manchester