I knew I'd regret not taking that Molecular Biology elective for my Records Management MSc ...

How stable is DNA as a storage method, though? Surely it is subject to constant random mutations which, even at a low level, could corrupt the data and make retrieval problematic? Still, it is clearly so much in its infancy that we can only wait in fascination for further developments ... perhaps it is as well that a cash-strapped public sector is not about to invest in upgrading from a server-plus-antiquated-version-of-Windows hardware and software set-up to a state-of-the-art wetware environment! ;-)

Rachel.

For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]