Hi

Zero means no indirect effect. So when the confidence intervals do not contain zero and p is less than .05 an indirect effect is significant, that is, not zero hence suggesting that it does exist. So the term 'significantly different from zero' is just a statistical phrase to say that there is evidence of an indirect effect.  Indirect effect means that an independent variable is affecting a dependent variable through its effects on a mediator or intervening variable.

Dwayne

Sent from my iPad