When you enter a variable (X), the R-squared increases, and has a p-value.

Then X has a p-value. These two p-values are exactly the same.

If you enter another variable, the p-value associated with X will
change, but that's because it's the value when you've controlled for
another variable.

Send your output, and then we can see what happened.

jeremy